Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What Did I Get Into?!



There is a common thread here and her name is Aimee! We met 13 years ago working as nurses for the same pediatrician, I was the day nurse and she was the evening nurse. I would pass my day off to her and we would chat and share stories about our families. At the time she had four kids and I had one. Now we have 12 between the two of us (yes 12-5=7, she has 7). Needless to say we hit it off and have been friends ever since. She has always been my "Mentor Mom", everyone has one. The one you go to when you don't know what to do with something regarding your kids. Aimee is level headed and has more mommy years on me, what my oldest is going through she has done four times!

For two moms with 12 kids, lately we have been living it up! Last month Aimee invited me to the Fabulous Food Show in Cleveland. I had no idea when I left what I was going to I just knew it involved food and time with a good friend. We had a Blast! We were gone for 29 hours and we talked for..29 hours straight. We stayed up until 2:30 in the morning much to our girls surprise! So when Aimee and I were shopping for our co-op class at Joann's and she asked me to take the class on Scandinavian Loop Rugs, I said yes. She's never steered me wrong!

I love my blue and white fabrics! Shopping for those was much fun. We had a four hour class Monday night and learned all the different kinds of loops, how to start the rug, tear fabric (very fun), and hopefully finish the rug. Mine is big enough for one of my feet, not too big at all! Aimee was father along when we left and said she already has three more rounds on hers, probably enough for two feet! She wants hers for Christmas, I'll be lucky if I get it done before Valentine's Day.

Most importantly I had a fabulous time! It is still a challenge to schedule things like this but so worth it. What better way to spend an evening than with a good friend learning something new and fun. Thanks Aimee for many good times!


No comments: