Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Advent Calendar


In case anyone is wondering how I am getting all these pictures blogged today (UB!), I am not doing anything around the house. I dedicated my entire weekend to scrapbooking and family so I am in picture heaven. Upload pics, scrap pics, upload, scrap...
So this is the December advent calendar I made for Christmas. It is the same as the one I made for Erin's birthday. I used an old cookie sheet, painted it, covered it in various papers and embellishments and then made magnetic numbers. I mainly used one of my favorite scrapbook lines or chipboard pieces, put magnets on the back and added numbers. The kids love looking on the back of the cookie sheet for the number of the day, then they put it on the front. Bill drilled holes in the top so a ribbon could be added for hanging.

I loved making it as much as the kids love counting down with it!








5 comments:

Rob M. said...

I've often wondered where/how you find the TIME to put stuff on your blog, and still do all the family stuff and TEACHING that you do!!!!

Love the pics!

U.B.

Laura said...

You are so creative! Such a cute idea!

Jennifer James said...

I love how it looks so vintage!
I think you need to teach a class at co-op on how to make these (for adults!)

The Jackson Juniors said...

I would like to take an on-line course, too!!

Gretchen said...

I agree Jenny it is very vintage, very pretty in person. As well as the rest of the decorations!