Sunday, December 14, 2008

Candy Cottages



In preparation for Christmas and to have a fun decoration the kids and I made these adorable Rice Krispie cottages. They were so simple! Having not attempted gingerbread because I have heard it is hard to get the walls to stay together this seemed perfect for young ones. Being sticky already and attaching the base square to the 2 roof pieces we were ready to decorate. After we finished we displayed them on a covered cake board and loaded it with coconut "snow". We used the little chocolate covered nonpareils to create paths between the cottages. This will definitely become a tradition and we may do it for other holidays!
The Krispie Village
Erin is so proud of her pink cottage!
I even got Kyle to participate!
Twelve year old boys will do anything
that involves candy!
Our palette of supplies.

1 comment:

Jennifer James said...

I love it!! Your blog looks great!! I can't wait to make the rice krispie treat villiage! I think you are going to love this hobby!