Wednesday, January 7, 2009

This is what I love about homeschooling...

When we came back from lunch to work together for the afternoon I saw two notebooks sitting on the table. I started to read what were poems. The authors Ethan and Lindy, were located and I asked them when they had written them. They said that they had done this during "Poetry Class" that they had "invented" during the morning.

"The only poem I could think of was a Haiku, so that's what we did," Ethan explained.

"Did Lindy write her own?" I asked.

"I had to help explain it to her and spell a couple of words," he said.

"I did it," Lindy said enthusiastically.



I love that this is what they were busy doing. I love that the boys love to teach their sisters. They take this very seriously when they are given an assignment to help with. The girls love having their big brothers help them. The girls love teaching Erin and creating "school" for her.

This is what makes our world go 'round.



The yellow sun shine

The red roses grow pretty

The chipmunks scurry



by Lindy (7)





White yellow daisies

Beautiful butterflies

Tall green grass grows high



by Ethan (9)





Gray skies and gray clouds

Red, orange, yellow, brown leaves

Squirrels scurry fast



by Ethan (9)

2 comments:

Jennifer James said...

I love it! We had that kind of day yesterday too!

Laura said...

Margot, that was a beautiful post! You have some little poets in your house!