Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our Winter Wonderland

Out my back window late in the afternoon.
I have been waiting for a snow storm that would let me get snowed in! I got my wish. Since piano is around the corner and Ethan and Lindy cannot imagine missing their piano lessons we went to our lesson and then were home for the evening. It couldn't have happened on a better night! No cheerleading, no basketball, and no Boy Scouts. Not that I don't love my kids having a great time at their activities but this was a nice break. After piano while I was making dinner Lindy, Erin, and Ethan went out and played in the snow. They came in wet and freezing so we took a warm bath and had dinner in our jammies. I baked cookies for dessert and we settled in front of the fire with books and our American Girl Magazine. The boys drifted in for cookies and to warm up. It was such a nice cozy and relaxing treat to have a family night in the middle of the week!

Our cardinal friend




Someone found a home on top of our swingset!


Our yard is a busy place with multiple feeders.
This little one is by the patio and is constantly busy!





Paige and I wandered around the yard
after taking the kids to piano. We found some
great birds and animal tracks.

Lindy and Erin head back inside.


Erin couldn't keep her hat on and was
wet and cold but she didn't complain
she had a great time!

2 comments:

Jennifer James said...

I baked cookies last night too! It must be something about being snowed in!

Gretchen said...

Isn't it crazy how cold it is! Little Jake couldn't wait to get out into the snow on Wed. Last night I went out to the barn to give Flash some time out in the snow! Since the weather is so bitter cold the horses have been closed in... talk about CABIN FEVER!!! I will see all of you snow angels Sat. night! Aunt G