Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Double Snuggle!


Paige, Daddy, & Lindy last night

Having twins has always been a fascinating experience. There are times I still look at Bill and say, "Can you believe that we have twins?!" It has been so neat to see how they have grown together and become their own person yet they have a bond of sisterhood, friendship, and "twinship" that no one can understand unless they are twins. They have rarely spent a moment of their lives apart. Only over the last year would they do an activity without the other but they would still prefer to do it together.

It is not always as easy as it looks! The infancy is a bit of a blur although I clearly remember when they were both teething or sick at the same time. Trying to meet individual needs can be challenging. When doing school they want to work together and it sounds ideal to have two doing the same thing but they often learn things differently. So it winds up being separate lessons not really saving any time.

Yet I would not trade any of it! I am lucky to be a part of their special world. They are especially fascinated by multiples and their own "twinness". I have never been a fan of the "Double Trouble" saying as they have never been trouble or caused trouble. They are purely "Double the Joy" and we love them both - doubly!



Paige, Mommy, & Lindy this morning

3 comments:

Laura said...

How cute! I remember when we met at co-op, you and I were in the nursery. I thought you were Wonderwoman (or now maybe Elastigirl I think ;))nursing or chasing two babies! You have done a wonderful job (Bill too of course). They are so sweet!

Gretchen said...

I love to say that I have twin nieces! Paige-a-roo represents the Miller family and Lindy-lou represents the Kyle side, perfect!

Lindy-lou I meant to tell you the other night that I love your scarf! I like to wear mine a lot especially now that it is so cold, it really helps to keep me warm :) :)

Gretchen said...

I meant to say that I SOOO WISH that I was home with you guys today!!! I f I could have worn my jammies to work I would have, what fun!!