Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Passion for Art



Paige's Ballerina

We have an abundance of art and craft supplies in our house. Paige loves to draw and sketch and has been spending a great deal of time drawing everything she can. One of her favorite things to do is to take her favorite picture books and draw the cover and pictures inside that she likes. We even try to find illustrations that have clear line drawings so that she can easily follow them to copy. We also have lots of Usborne learning to draw books and I have been getting others from the library.
I cleaned out our art cabinet that was in the family room to relocate it to the school room (I also needed room to expand my table linen storage!). Paige was panicked when she saw her crayon storage being turned into tablecloth storage! She loves working at the kitchen table while I make dinner. So we put all of her sketch pads in a basket along with her pencils and drawing books. Now she has an easy way to carry everything around the house and not lose her drawings. She loves it! And so does everyone else! Last night while making dinner, everyone except Kyle was sitting at the table drawing very intently. The table was covered in supplies and no one was making a sound. It was one of those homeschooling moments that I love. The kids following their interests and spending time together. Here are some samples from the gallery. Enjoy!



Our portable sketching basket


Paige's ice skater



Paige's man
Paige's cover from Princess Peepers
Paige's excerpt from Posey Prefers Pink

Paige, creativity flowing!

Paige and Lindy working intently.


Lindy working on her castle



Paige's angel

3 comments:

Bondfam said...

Wow! Those are awesome drawing. You definitely have some artists!

Laura said...

Margot,
I'm stealing the art basket idea! I love it! Beautiful artwork too!

Laura

Gretchen said...

Paige, beautiful pictures!!! I will definitely have to incorporate your illustrations into my little biz!!