Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fancy Nancy


By far my favorite thing with homeschooling (there are tons of favorites!) is watching the kids learn to read. It is the neatest thing to watch them all start to "get it" and their faces just light up when they really are reading.
Erin has been reading for about a year and a half but in the last 6 months she reads all the time. She also reads everything; signs, workbooks, instructions, recipes, whatever has words.
My favorite time is snuggling up with her in a chair and listening to her read. Her favorites right now are all the Fancy Nancy books. I spoiled her a little bit and got her pretty much every one they had at Barnes and Noble. I love the vocabulary in them and the pictures are so cute. Who doesn't love Fancy Nancy? She makes me want to be fancy!

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Erbear you have become a fabulous reader, Fancy Nancy is a lot of fun!