Saturday, March 14, 2009

Erin's Preschool



Erin with Officer Simcox at the Police Station.


It is time for me to get caught up! Things have been crazy here to say the least. Many activities and extra projects going on make it hard to stay on track with the day to day. Fortunately ,Erin goes with the flow but I want to make her preschool years fun and not let them pass me by. She is so eager to learn and participates in every opportunity I give her with great enthusiasm. It makes me want to give her more and more. The problem is finding the time as I am sure many homeschooling moms have this problem when schooling multiple ages.

We have been going on preschool field trips through parks and recreation. This week we went to the police station! It was a great trip and Erin learned a lot. The highlight though was our tour guide was one of our neighbors and her playmates grandpa. He is a police officer who obviously enjoys giving little ones tours. He was so good with the kids making it educational and engaging for little ones.
The dispatchers desk. We learned all about 911 and learning our address.


The shooting range, not her favorite!


Covering her ears to keep out the loud siren!
Erin was most excited to have her picture taken with Officer Simcox to show her friends that she got to see their grandpa! I am sure that she will take all her safety information very seriously since she personally knows the source through "connections"!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I know what you mean ;) such a great age! Looks like Erin has been having a great year :)

Bondfam said...

Hey! I know that guy!!!

Looks like she had a great time! I'm sure Officer Simcox had fun too. He loves showing off the police station!

Gretchen said...

What a wonderful big girl!!!!