Monday, September 21, 2009

Luau Night

On Friday night we met our old neighbors from Pickerington, the Youngs. They moved to Maui last year and flew down to the big island to spend the weekend with us. We met Chris, Deborah, Alyssa, and Aiden at the Kona Village Resort Luau and what a great time we all had. I had read that this was one of the best luau's in all of Hawaii because it was the most authentic and was a great display of culture. The show and food were both fabulous and we learned so much. The setting was beautiful and I snapped a couple of pictures while we waited for the night to begin.




The evening was so beautiful, the entire trip was mid 80's and sunny everyday. I think its like that everyday.

My sweet little girl was filled with Aloha all week long. She was filled with absolute joy and enjoyed everything we did.

Lindy and Paige kept their new camera very busy throughout the week. She had so much fun!




Lindy, Alyssa, and Paige have not seen each other for a year and were so excited to spend the evening together. They were giggling and talking all night long I don't know if they ate anything for dinner!

Grommy and Ethan had a nice time having dinner together. It was so nice for the kids to have all of this time with their grandmothers.


Chris and Bill got caught up on career talk! At least that's what I think they were talking about, Deborah and I were with the kids talking about homeschooling, surprise!



We definitely know how to open coconuts and get the milk out! We have had a couple of demos on this.

Unveiling of the imu, the Hawaiian earthen oven. We learned all about the ceremony and the preparation of the luau food.


After dinner we saw the show. The fire dancer was incredible. The hula and music was incredible. My pictures don't even do it justice. There are not enough good words to describe the evening besides it was a night I won't forget.





2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh WOW! These are great! It really does look like a memorable evening!

See you tomorrow!

Bondfam said...

Thanks so much for sharing all your vacation photos. I really miss Hawaii. Although it looks like you had a great time, my boys are ecstatic that you have returned. Plus my fit of jealousy seems to have subsided now that you are back. LOL!