Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fruit, Fruit, Fruit oh my!



After our beach trip, with a very wet Ethan, we went to the Farmers Market and picked up some fruit. It all tasted as good as it looked. The dragon fruit (above) was so sweet. The inside looked a little like a kiwi. We cut it in half like a melon and then use a spoon to scoop out the inside. The kids loved it! We had to go back later in the week for more.



These were a different kind of pineapple than what I buy at home. The inside is very pale and I believe they call them white pineapples. They are amazing. Pineapple is my favorite fruit and this version now tops my list. This kind is sweeter than even the ripest pineapple I have had at home.



The flowers were beautiful! Just look at the Bird of Paradise. They were in many places on the island. The plumeria leis were so pretty and smelled so good. It was neat to watch the lady make them.






Dragon fruit galore!






The inside of one of the mangoes.

No comments: