Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Taste of Spring!

Where is spring!?


It almost felt like it today. We ran over to Sycamore Creek after lunch to play and take a walk. It was lovely, we had the whole place to ourselves. The kids all helped me collect sticks and nature treasures for the fairy class. We have a fun project at the end of the semester that we will be using natural elements. Erin got into the stick hunt big time. She was determined to fit this beast of a branch in the car. She was most unhappy that I told her there was no way it was going home with us. So she carried it and pulled it all the way to the parking area where she left it under a tree to "hide" it.

I think there is rain and then back to cold in the forecast so I am glad that we took advantage of this afternoon.



Paige found a bag of these for the fairy project.






Stopping to skip some stones and tromp through mud.





Running down the huge hill, over and over again.

2 comments:

Jennifer James said...

I am SO looking foward to spring!! Looks like you guys had fun!!

Gretchen said...

I so wished I could have been out there with you guys! Maybe if there is another break in the weather you could come out to the barn to see the baby lambs and look for somethings to use in your fairy class.

I had fun with everyone last night!!