Friday, February 6, 2009

Erin's Preschool


Happy Groundhogs Day ~ love Erin

We started our week off with Groundhogs! We made these cute little groundhogs that would pop out of their burrow (paper cup!). We read Gretchen Groundhog who was so scared to "Come out" but after seeing that all of her ancestors were just as scared she is able to overcome her fear. Of course our favorite part of the book is that we have an Aunt Gretchen and Gretchen Groundhog is almost as cute as our aunt!

Erin had fun coloring groundhogs that I printed off of Enchanted Learning. She followed the directions and colored the holes brown, the shadows black etc. She loves having her own work!

Oh no! Six more weeks of winter!


Today we went to the Pickerington Library to meet with a naturalist from Pickerington Ponds who talked about winter animals. Erin makes me proud! She answers questions and actively participates.

"Do you wear fur in the winter to stay warm?" the naturalist asked.

"No I wear a coat," Erin called out.

She had so much fun feeling all of the different animal skins and seeing the skulls. There was a toad, Mr.T, who was adorable (never thought I would describe a toad that way!) and made his cute toad noises when he passed Erin.





Coyote and Red Fox








A beaver, check out the teeth!







Mr. T the toad!








The red fox






And last the black bear!


They finished the hour reading Bear Snores On which she was able to recount for Bill this evening.
We headed to the library this afternoon where she read her huge stack of books and then came up to me and wanted "a card to check out". She does not understand why she does not have her own library card yet. It drives her crazy! But she can check out her own books so she is almost ready for one.
After we got home the kids were working on a neat art project and Erin worked along water coloring.



That was her little week in a nutshell. When you add in her sugar cube castle and the ice sculptures that explains the next picture!



I had a really fun week but I am exhausted! Love Erin

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

I am changing my name to Gretchen Groundhog!!!!

Erin you look too cute in that last picture. That was me this past weekend while I was home sick. On the couch with the remote in my hand!