Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home


Lindy's sugar cottage


We were going to make the Rice Krispie Treat Cottages for Valentine's Day until I saw these sugar cube houses on The Crafty Crow. Lindy, Paige, and Erin spent all afternoon making their sugar castles. Paige wanted to make a castle without a roof so that she could make furniture to go inside. Erin opted for the castle too but Lindy wanted a cottage with a roof. Not eating all the supplies was a challenge especially for Erin! They turned out cute and we now have a little Valentine decoration for the kitchen!



A pile of sugar



Our decorations



I made the meringue icing that was suggested on the Web Site.
Glad I did, it was like paste and held everything well.
















Lindy worked patiently on this roof. She had a vision and
saw it through to the end.


Erin's castle with a red hot walk way.

Paige's castle


Paige's interior complete with refrigerator, table and
chairs, bed, and a potty!

Erin also made a bed and table and chairs


Our completed village!



Paige and Lindy with their creations. Erin was off buzzing on her
sugar high!

4 comments:

Laura said...

That is such a cute idea! I think we'll have to do a little Valentine village too ;)

Jennifer James said...

I love this! I can't wait to make ours! Your's turned out adorable!

Gretchen said...

Those look beautiful and delicious!!! I love those hearts and I bet Flash would love all of those suger cubes!

Ann said...

OOh! I think we will have to do one of these - it will be right up my daughter's alley!