Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cool - Chocolate Bowls!


Chocolate Bowls filled with strawberries and whipped cream


Ok, this was cool. We started our chocolate unit study off with a bang - literally! The kids were so excited to do this. Even though we were having a really busy day and the girls had to get to dance we squeezed it in anyway. I could not resist and the best part was they turned out.

The steps follow, fun to make and fun to eat!





Use small balloons, in my case regular balloons blown up very small!





Melt 2 cups of chocolate chips in microwave for 5 minutes on 50%



Start dipping balloons in the chocolate, we did less than half way since we were using the larger balloons.

Put on wax paper to set. I kept at room temp but to speed up we stuck in the fridge.
We used the extra chocolate to dip some of the strawberries.

Then of course we had to lick the bowl!
Why is my 12 year old messier than my 3 year old?!

Erin is ready to break the balloons!


Kyle carefully pulls his balloon away from the hardened chocolate. We had to be careful but they held up pretty well.




A finished bowl!





Fresh strawberries to fill with.




Lindy's creation



Paige loved this. All of the kids were so excited to eat their serving piece. Lots of laughs over "eating a bowl!"

2 comments:

Laura said...

I have to make these! Maybe I'll even let the kids help ;)

Gretchen said...

I want one!!!!

Paige-a-roo I love your earrings!!!