Thursday, February 12, 2009

She's as Cute as a Cupcake!



I love my Brownie girls! They all are so special and unique. When I say they are a great group of girls I mean they are GREAT! They treat each other kindly and with respect. Mackenzie is a special part of our group. She joined our troop right after our Daisy year. She is creative, funny, a little quiet, and can sell a serious amount of Girl Scout Cookies. She sold over 400 boxes this year, she needs to go into sales!

When her mom, Angie, told me she wanted to join our troop I was thrilled. I had her in Storybook Art class at co-op and we bonded. She always liked the art projects and was an eager learner. I also was ready to play matchmaker and fix her up with Lily. The two remind me of the other and I thought they would really hit it off. I was right they have become great friends at Brownies and I love seeing them form a friendship and grow up right before my eyes.

Angie has been taking cake decorating classes, much to my delight and I think it is rubbing off on all her kids. Mackenzie always puts effort into her Valentine's. Last year she came with little tote bags for all the girls filled with goodies. This year her dad, Jay, walked in with boxes and containers filled with cupcakes, cards, and a cake. Little did I know that there was a special container with a cake just for me. That's right an entire cake for me! Cupcakes for the kids but a cake all to myself. I could hardly wait to grab a fork. And believe me when I finally got to it, there was no disappointment. Her cupcakes were all packaged in adorable little individual boxes. Boxes so cute we had to keep them I could not throw them away. Later that night Lindy came up with the idea of packing the girls lunches for co-op in the little boxes and having boxed lunches. Too cute! Not sure how long they will hold up but I have never seen them so excited to eat lunch. I guess it's true that presentation if everything.










The Jackson family holds a special place in my heart. Not only do I love just talking with all of them, Angie and Jay are wonderfully positive people, but Cassie and Zach always keep me entertained. Last year when I had my spinal surgery they brought me three dinners in addition to an "extra" dish for my freezer. Mackenzie made me pictures and cards and delivered our meals with a smile.

They will be moving this summer as Jay will be finished with his training to be a pastor. I know they are excited for their move someplace out west. They have all worked hard and made a lot of sacrifices to reach this goal. It has been a joy to watch them embrace their dad's dream and help him achieve it. There will be a church in the Rocky states that will be blessed with a wonderful family to lead their way.

I am blessed to have had these past two years with Mackenzie and to have become friends with all of them.

2 comments:

The Jackson Juniors said...

Thank you for your kind words . . . Mackenzie loves being a part of your troop and we are very fortunate to have you and your family in our lives.

Gretchen said...

Those cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!! Angie you spoiled Margot by giving her her very own cake!