Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Recital Marathon


She looks so little on stage but did a great job.


We had 3 recitals on Saturday afternoon. Whitney joked about packing a cooler to keep up our energy and we could have used it! Even though Lindy, Paige, and Erin all take dance at the same dance studio they were in separate shows Saturday. Erin was in the 12:00 show and the girls were in the 4:00. Ethan, Lindy, and Paige all had a piano recital at 2:00 and they also had a neighbor's birthday party at 12:30.

So we ran to watch Erin, who thankfully was the third group to dance, snuck out and went home so they kids could squeeze in an hour of their friends party.We were then off to the piano recital and then ran home changed and prettied up Lindy and Paige and were off again for their performance. What a crazy day but it was so neat to see all of the hard work of the year come together.



When the class came on stage there were hundreds of people "ahhing" at them.




No stage fright from this little peanut. She loved every minute of it and was so proud that all of her practicing paid off.



Flowers from Grommy, great job Erin!



Ethan played two songs at the recital. He did great on both. He is flying though his piano books. I can't wait to see where he's at for the Christmas recital.



Pianists working to play like Daddy.





Paige is on the far left and Lindy is to the right. They loved these costumes and the song "The Way You Love Me" by Faith Hill. Perfect country foot stomping to go with the tap shoes.



Lindy






Paige and Lindy in jazz, "Love Will Keep Us Together".

This was my favorite part of both their dances. I'm sure there is a dance name for this, Lindy held Paige's hand as she twirled into Lindy and then twirled back out. It was so cute to watch them together.



They both had a fabulous dance year. Erin is following in their footsteps! Paige and Lindy are both talking about doing jazz, tap, and ballet this fall. Lindy has some interest in competition dance but I want her to explore that and go watch some competitions before she makes a decision. But she does really enjoy it, she did not complain once this entire year about going to lessons so I know she really likes it.




Letting down after a busy day.








Flowers from Grommy, great job girls!

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I couldn't wait to see these pics!!!! EVERYONE did such a GREAT job!! I had so much fun on Saturday and Margot and Bill were so nice to top it off with a great summer dinner. I left my house at 11:30am and got home at 8:30pm, talk about a marathon!

Rob M. said...

Those kids are so precious, Margot, it's just unbelieveable! I actually got tears in my eyes, looking at the pictures!

I'm proud they are my grand-nephews and grand-nieces! Couldn't have a better family!

(OK, Dave's kids are neat, too!).

U.B.

The Jackson Juniors said...

Looks like you all had a BUSY but fun-filled day.

Bondfam said...

Those pics are great! They look like they had soo much fun!

Catherine said...

Hi Margot! Looks like your kids had a great time-- I just miss those carefree days!

I was wondering if you were interested in a confidence-related campaign I'm doing for girls/women... I can forward you more information.

Just shoot me an email catherine@americanpopdigital.com if you're interested.

Take care!