Thursday, July 1, 2010

Ahoy! The High Seas Adventure

The only thing missing here is Kyle!

Vacation Bible School is nothing like the kind I attended as a kid. It is amazing to see all the things that the kids do each day. Games, crafts, singing, bible lessons, drama, snacks, and the list goes on. It is one of our kids favorite weeks of the summer. Ethan could not bear to miss it and go to Boy Scout camp. He has been waiting forever to be in the older kid group. They have a different program with service projects and cool things like tye dyeing t-shirts. He did not want to miss and as much fun as Kyle is having at camp, he is sad to miss this week as well. He is old enough to be a leader or work a station. We are hoping for no conflict next summer, hoping my connection with the new Scout Master will make that happen. We had a record year in attendance of 372 kids and 64 of them were Preschoolers which is where I have been all week. I am looking forward to a break this weekend. Have to get ready for my Brownie troops sleep out in my backyard Tuesday night. And the summer keeps on going...



















I love Ethan's shirt! I have never gotten a tye dye shirt to turn out so cool!

3 comments:

The Jackson Juniors said...

Cassie is having a great time, too!! I think she is tired and worn out from all the preschoolers.

Ethan, I love your shirt!!

Laura said...

Brandon and Megan have had a great time! I can't wait to see how Brandon's shirt came out! Hope you're holding up well with all those preschoolers :)

Rob M. said...

It seems like you, Margot, and the kids just keep going, and going, and going, like the Energizer Battery rabbit!

U.B.