Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Lot On Her Mind...



This is Paige's art from the week. She is obviously still processing her basketball situation. This is "a mean girl saying mean things and the other girl is upset and doesn't know what to do." ~Paige

The girl on the left is the mean girl and the one on the right is not. The poor nice girl looks so stressed and seems to be holding her tummy. Love the finger pointing. Very Paige as she definitely knows how to make a point!

She is still undecided about returning to basketball. Whoever thinks that picking on kids does not bother them is so wrong! I feel so bad for her but hopefully she is drawing her stress out and will be able to move on to something not so troublesome in her little brain.

We love you Paigey and are proud of you and think you are the best little girl!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am so sorry to hear Paige is still dealing with this :(

On the positive side, her drawing is really good! Lots of good detail...the way she drew the eyes looking away on the sad girl wow! Good job!

Gretchen said...

I think all of you should write and illustrate your very own book about being kids, manners and how to treat others. All of you are so very kind and so supportive of each other. Think about it....

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige! I think it's great that you are able to work out the things that are bothering you. I would always write stories because I'm not good at drawing. AT ALL!!!

I hope you stick with basketball if you like playing it. I know it's no fun to hear, but when you're cute and little like we are (your mom, your aunts, your Grommy and even your GREAT GRANDMA all fall into this category :), people can't help but say something about it.

Trust me, it STILL happens to me. And people just HAVE to say something about BJ being bald. It's always something, you know? Everyone has something!

This little girl who says mean things probably has something about herself that she doesn't like and so she's unhappy and decides, you know what, I want someone else to feel bad, too. And that's why she says mean things to you, and likely to other people, too. When you think about it, do happy people want to be mean and make other people feel bad?! I don't think so!

The best thing I can say is that you should ALWAYS do the things that you like to do. If you like playing basketball, you should stick with it because it could be something you love to do for the rest of your life. And when you're 33 (old like me!) you won't even remember this mean girl. BUT if you really like basketball and you quit because of her, trust me, you'll never forget her.

Sorry to go on and on. And on (I told you I like to write!). I just want you to know we've all been in your shoes (well, not exactly, my feet FINALLY grew some!) and it's not easy, but it's easier if you don't let the mean people in the world keep you from doing the things you love.

So hang in there and know that the people who know you know you are sweet, happy, lovable and PERFECT just the way you are.

Love you, Paige!!!!
Whitney